Monday 24 February 2014

UN report urges Vatican to act over child sex abuse

Life...as I see, understand and appreciate.: UN report urges Vatican to act over child sex abus...:



Anything relating to children is a matter close to heart for me. I cant imagine if any harm were to be posed to my children or any child I know. As a mother, I would feel the pain of any other mother / guardian when harm is carried out towards any child. 

A child is innocent, pure and is meant to be raised by the parents / guardian in the best possible way. Of course it depends on the economic and health conditions of the parents / guardian.

A child is a miracle and once blessed with one, as a normal human, we would want to protect the child in any possible ways.

Before I proceed further, I wish to inform that what I am about to blog is basically my analysis of the facts given, what I have researched from mostly wikipedia, the Vatican website and from online news. I will try and read the UN report and explain my understanding there to. These are not conclusive findings but merely an observation on my part. 


Further, I wish to state that I am a Muslim female from Malaysia and I sincerely hope I do not offend anyone from the Christianity faith in stating my thoughts. I have utmost respect to anyone from any faith and what has happened currently does not make me apply the same to others.If I have offended anyone, I deeply apologize and hope that you will forgive any misunderstanding on my end.
Child abuse. It comes in many forms. One of which is sexual abuse or Pedophilia. 

Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger, though specific diagnostic criteria for the disorder extends the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia]

When a child is abused, sexually and claimed to have been abused by a trusted guardian. It makes my heart swell with pain and truly wonder what had caused all this? 

When 'the Vatican has described a scathing United Nations report in which the Catholic Church is accused of turning a blind eye to decades of child sex abuse by priests[http://www.euronews.com/2014/02/06/vatican-calls-un-child-abuse-report-distorted-and-unfair/] this makes it very hard to comprehend. 

Of course, we cant simply judge anything at face value. An accusation which is not backed by any evidence is a meaningless insult.

However, would the UN make a report out of a baseless accusation. 

My immidiate questions are:

1) How is it even possible given the role of a priest.

A priest is a person authorized to perform the sacred rituals of a religion, especially as a mediatory agent between humans and one or more deities. They also have the authority or power to administer religious rites; in particular, rites of sacrifice to, and propitiation of, a deity or deities. Their office or position is the priesthood, a term which also may apply to such persons collectively [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priest]

2) Even more so, it happened not by any priest but priests at the Vatican [http://www.vatican.va/phome_en.htm]

Vatican City is an ecclesiastical or sacerdotal-monarchical state, ruled by the Bishop of Rome—the Pope 

The Pope (Latinpapa; from Greekπάππας pappas, a child's word for father) is the Bishop of Rome and the leader of the worldwide Catholic Church.  The importance of the Roman bishop is largely derived from his role as the traditional successor to Saint Peter, to whom Jesus gave the keys of Heaven and the powers of "binding and loosing," naming him as the "rock" upon which the church would be built. The current pope isFrancis, who was elected on 13 March 2013, succeeding Benedict XVI. [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope]

3) How could it be unnoticed for decades? How could children be abused by someone who puts God first and foremost and to hurt one of God's miracles?

Despite the above, lets do apply logic and to our current scenario. There are several cases on  children being abused. In Malaysia or anywhere else. Children being abused by adults are pretty common. 

Although it pains me each time reading news of children, being murdered, raped, abused and mutilated, this makes it even more excrutiating when the children is victimized by persons you would least expect to victimize the child.

But then again, we hear day in and day out of children being abused by their parents / guardians and this again is not something which surprises us. 

I always wonder what goes through the minds of what it seems as mentally unstable adults doing unthinkable acts to children.

Do we just blame the priest? Blame the children? Blame the parents / guardians of the children? How do we resolve this issue? 

4) Were the priests for the several decades mentally unstable?

I am currently reading "the Shrine of Jeffrey Dahmer" as I am passionate in understanding how people behave. 

And more so, what made a serial murderer kill so many people.

What drives them up to the point where it seemed normal to end another person's life. Similarly, what drives priests to carry out sexual acts to children?

Will continue more when I receive the report document on the child abuse in the Vatican. Have a good evening lovely readers xx

No comments:

Post a Comment