Thursday 28 March 2013

-My Sanctuary-: Your Friends are a Reflection of Yourself


Absolutely love this post by Vivy at http://www.proudduck.com/. Click on link for the full post by Vivy. 
Its so true about what she describes on friendship. Especially the statement in blue below.
In the recent years, I have had my fair share of close relationships with male and female. I have come to realize that you cant always divulge to every Tom/Tina, Dick/Dina & Harry/Harriet. You just seriously cant.
There will be those who uses the information about you to twist it around to benefit him/her. There will also be those who likes to prod here and there to assert him/herself as being extra nosy but with no relevance but just to alleviate him/her as a ms/mr Know it All.
I have realized especially commencing 2013 that I shall have enough of being with those who makes me cringe, speak or think bad thoughts and any of the negative vibes.
I choose to be with those who wants to be with me. I love to surround myself with those who I can truly relate and can be myself without any judgements flung at me as to what I wear, say or think. Crude jokes acceptable in front of me but not behind me.
I could totally relate to what Vivy explained about. I have maybe 2 hands of my close girlfriends. They are those who I have posted photos with off and on or speak off more than once in a while.
Its these people that I can safely share my dreams, my aspirations, my positivity or any of my worries. 
But only you can decide who you want to be friends with.

For me, I choose those who are real and honest to themselves, speak of good and aspires to be true to themselves wherever they are.


Your friends are a reflection of yourself. So surround yourself with good people. Insyaallah, we’ll all want to change to be better too.
Find good friends and most importantly, be a good friend too.

2 comments:

  1. I like!! And totally agree with you! Thru thick and thin and being honest in front and at the back of you are the most important thing! Love you still..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE you more babe..till Jannah Insyaa Allah. xx

    ReplyDelete